Monday, January 9, 2017

Trying To Appreciate Winter

January 9, 2017

Good Morning!

I'm no snowbird by any means . I've never been to Florida and quite frankly have no desire to go. I live in the Northeast where we have some brutal winters. I am trying to stay positive and not complain about the weather this year but instead find the  beauty in winter. I came across this lovely touching quote by Ruth Stout. Some of you may remember she wrote books and articles on gardening.




"There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you ..... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself." 
- Ruth Stout


If you live in a cold winter region, what do you do to appreciate winter? I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas! I wrote a post farther back in my blog titled Making The Most Of Winter. If you have a chance to go back and read it I think you may enjoy it.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Cindy~

No comments:

Post a Comment